Monday, June 4, 2012

Outing with my Mom

Today my mother and I (with both my boys) met up for lunch and then did some shopping. I had told her last night that I was wanting to learn to knit now also so today she brought me my grandmother's knitting needles. It meant so much to me since my grandmother passed away when I was very young so I never really got a chance to get to know her or spend much time with her. So I am really looking forward to putting these needles to work again.
 (My grandmother's knitting needles)
After lunch the 4 of us did a little shopping... got the normal things like some new clothes for the boys, new shower curtain liner, new mat for inside the tub for the baby so he doesnt fall in the tub, etc, etc, etc but then we went to Hobby Lobby. I was in HEAVEN. My mom said get some stuff you need for your projects (secretly I was like YES OMG OMG OMG MORE YARN) but I calmly said ok and went straight to the yarn. As much as I wanted to buy all the yarn they had I refrained and picked out some colors I didn't have. I usually use Lion Brand yarn and the occasional Red Heart but Hobby Lobby has a brand I Love This Yarn so going to give it a try and see how I like it. 
 Don't know what I am going to make with these fabulous colors but I am sure I will find something. Off to search through my sites and downloaded patterns :D

No comments:

Post a Comment