Sunday, June 3, 2012
My first blog
Well here goes nothing. I have never written a blog before. So bare with my noobness on here. I am also newer to crochet. I have done several hats, scarves, a few baby things and several wash/dish clothes. I have made 1 purse, a couple wallets, and a few change purses. Currently I am working on a blanket for my family, a hat for myself, and a dinosaur for my oldest son. Also making some little stockings for my mother (about 10 of them) for her to put on gifts at Christmas time. Obviously those are not high on my to do list seeing that it is only June. All of these projects have been done with your basic single crochet, half double, and double. I have made some other small things like bookmarks and ornaments. I used treble in a couple of those but now I am working on learning some new "harder" stitches to use in some work along with my other projects. Since I am just slightly adhd I have a tendency to not be able to focus on one project at a time (hence the multiple ones). Most take me a little longer than normal since I am a stay at home mom with 2 children, 4 dogs and a cat.. not to mention all the house work. So all my spare time (which is minimal) is normally spent crocheting. On my next blog I will dig up some pics of the pieces of I have done. Most of the patterns I use are free ones from multiple sites. Some from other Bloggers and some from sites like Lion Brand. Another site I like to reference when I am trying to learn a new project is crochetpatterncentral.com. It is a wonderful site for free patterns in just about every category you could possibly imagine. Well that is all from me for now... time to go be a mommy, the baby is up from his nap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment